Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
Go South Coast Limited is a company registered in England (No.03949597) whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, 41-45 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE. We also use the trading name Tourist Coaches. We are a limited company.
Vat Number: 504132793
This website is owned and operated by Go Ahead
Other applicable terms
* Use of credit or debit cards to make payments on our site are subject to your card issuer’s terms and conditions
If you purchase tickets from our site, those tickets are subject to the National Rail/Bus Conditions of Carriage. You are strongly advised to read those conditions which contain limitations and exclusions relating to our liability in respect of loss caused by delays or cancellations. Once you have received your tickets it is your responsibility to check that the tickets issued are accurate. We are only responsible for issuing tickets in accordance with your instructions.
Changes to these terms
Applicable Terms listed above) at any time by amending this page.
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
You may only use the Site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
You must not illegally transmit, distribute or store any material or violate any applicable regulation. This includes, without limitation, material which is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or intellectual property right which you use without permission. Further details are set out in the section headed Intellectual Property Rights below.
You must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt, any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You may not circumvent or attempt to circumvent Go South Coast’s security (referred to as 'cracking' or 'hacking').
In the interests of all our users, Go South Coast will co-operate with investigations by any law enforcement or relevant authorities of suspected criminal activity or violation of systems or network.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site at any time and the rail services referred to on our site are geographically limited. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by calling 01202 678100.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not scrape data from this site for any reason.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact Customer Services.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Tourist Coaches is the UK registered trade mark of Go South Coast and it may not be reproduced or used without the express written permission of Go South Coast.
The Site may contain material, including advertising and sponsorship, which originates from third parties. Go South Coast excludes, to the extent permitted by law, all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy of such material or failure to comply with any relevant law or regulation. It is the responsibility of such third parties to ensure that such material complies with all relevant laws and regulations.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Tourist Coaches makes no express or implied warranty as to:
* The information accessible via the Site being accurate, complete, fit for any particular purpose or current.
* The Content being free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties
* The operation, quality, functionality, accessibility of the Site
The information on the Site is provided 'as is' and 'as available'. It is for information purposes only and Tourist Coaches does not hold itself out as providing any advice or recommendation of whatsoever nature and you should not rely on any information on the Site to make (or refrain from making) any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action. In particular, while Tourist Coaches makes every effort to ensure that the information contained on the Site is accurate, Tourist Coaches cannot warrant and does not take responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed on the Site.
You hereby agree to fully indemnify Tourist Coaches against any claim brought by a third party resulting from use of the Site by you and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, proceedings, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), or liabilities, whatsoever suffered or incurred directly by Tourist Coaches in consequence of your breach or non-observance of these Terms.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
* use of, or inability to use, our site; or
* use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Unauthorised access by third parties
It is possible that third parties such as 'hackers' or 'crackers' may access the Site and alter its contents. Tourist Coaches will not be liable for any damages or loss arising out of or in connection with such unauthorised access. Tourist Coaches excludes all liability in respect of any unauthorised access to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We take the issue of data protection very seriously. We may collect information about you while you browse the Site if you are a registered user of the Site. Our policy is set out in our Privacy Statement.
If at any time any part of this agreement becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, that invalid, illegal or unenforceable part shall be severed from the remainder of the agreement and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remainder of the agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way.
Further, the invalid, illegal or unenforceable part will be deemed superseded by a valid, legal or enforceable part that most closely satisfies the intention of the original part. The validity, legality and enforceability of the remainder of the agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
These Terms cannot be varied except in writing by Tourist Coaches. Nothing said by any employee or agent of Tourist Coaches will be capable of varying these Terms.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these Terms are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
The parties do not intend any of these clauses to be enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Updated Nov 2018
Conditions of Carriage
These Conditions of Carriage apply to all of our bus and coach services we operate in the United Kingdom. These services include local bus services, school services, Park&Ride bus services and airline coach services run by those companies which are members of the Go-Ahead Group. Anyone who travels on one of our buses or coaches is covered by these Conditions although your statutory rights are not affected. These Conditions also reflect the legal obligations in how we perform the service and in the way you should conduct yourself when using our buses and coaches.
These Conditions do not apply to services contracted for and on behalf of Transport for London and / or National Express. In addition, you should refer to the operator’s website for specific services relating to private coach hire and those overseas services we operate.
Where you have purchased a ticket from us for a journey which allows you to travel for part or all of that journey with another bus operator, you will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that other bus operator and we accept no responsibility for the conduct of that operator and no liability to you as a result of that operator’s conduct. If, however, we use a subcontractor to provide the service we ordinarily operate, and for which you paid your ticket to use, these Conditions apply.
These Conditions may be altered from time to time and without notice. The Conditions which apply to you are the set which is in force at the time you purchase a ticket, Smartcard, pass, permit or other legitimate means of travel. Where we refer to the term “ticket”, we treat this term to include a pass, permit or other legitimate means of travel unless the context otherwise requires.
Please note that these Conditions may also vary for services we operate for and on behalf of other organisations. Further, should you use tickets which we have issued to you, but such tickets are valid on services of other bus operators outside London and the Go-Ahead Group or on railways, you are also subject to the regulations and conditions published by those companies when using their vehicles of trains.
These Conditions form the entire agreement between the operator, on whose bus or coach you are travelling, and you and shall exclude any other purported variation thereof, whether written or oral, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Group Chief Executive of The Go-Ahead Group plc.
These Conditions are governed by the laws of England and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. If any court or competent authority decides that any provision of these Conditions is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, the other provisions shall remain in full force.
We welcome suggestions and complaints as they help us to improve our services and help us to put things right when they have gone wrong. We handle complaints with tact and consideration and, where we have failed, we will offer a sincere, speedy response together with a genuine
commitment to avoid repeating the same failure. If you have any query, suggestion or complaint, you can contact us by letter, telephone, through our website, on social media or by email, the details of which are set out at the end of these Conditions. If you are not happy with the handling of a complaint, you can contact the Bus Appeals Body (the “Body”), an independent body which caters for the interests of passengers by providing an independent means of reviewing passengers’ complaints when these have not been settled with bus operators. The contact details of this Body are set out at the end of these Conditions.
Our responsibility to you
Our aim is to provide to our customers a reliable and friendly bus and / or coach service to the highest standards of safety, comfort and cleanliness.
Our employees work hard to ensure these services operate on a reliable and punctual basis everyday and we take pride in providing a quality service to our customers. Unfortunately, given the nature of our business, and the difficulty of controlling the road space upon which we depend, there maybe occasions when we simply cannot provide the standard of service which should be consistently expected and delivered. We may therefore have to temporarily or permanently alter the route, frequency, times and fares without prior notice.
Whenever this happens, we will work hard to get things back on schedule and we will learn from experiences as we encounter them. Sometimes there are factors which are outside of our normal control and we will work hard to ensure that the disruption to your journey is kept to a minimum. Examples where this could happen include unplanned road works, diversions, exceptional traffic conditions, major events, extreme weather conditions and other unforeseen operating circumstances.
There may also be occasions where we are unable to operate a service or, where we do operate a service, that service may become very full and, whilst we will always try and put on additional bus or coach services, in these circumstances we may not be able to guarantee a seat or, worse, you may not even be able to board our bus or coach.
Communication with our customers in these circumstances is still key and we will make every effort to notify to you disruptions in the event of cancellation, delay, diversion or termination of service so you are able to make informed decisions. As well as announcements made by our staff or on local radio, television and advertising, we do this through our website and by using social media (the addresses of which are located at the end of these Conditions).
However, we are unable to accept any responsibility, and will not be liable, to you for any loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost you suffer or may suffer as a result of any of the circumstances arising in the preceding paragraphs under the heading “Our responsibility to you”, unless such loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost can be proven to be due to the negligence of either us or our staff (if they are acting in the course of their employment). Your statutory rights as a consumer are, though, not excluded or limited.
We are keen to encourage people to experience and use public transport as an effective and pleasant means of travel. We strive to meet your expectations in how you use our buses and coaches and we believe that our customers should follow some basic rules for the benefit of all customers and our employees. When you use our buses and coaches, we would also remind you that your conduct is governed by criminal laws and by certain regulations. Those laws and regulations are incorporated into these Conditions and are set out below.
Please consider others travelling and, if you do not follow these points, you may not be allowed to travel or, if you are already travelling, you may even be asked to leave our vehicles. We rarely ever have to do this so please don’t spoil our good record.
If you are in breach of these conditions, you will be required to give your name and address to one of our members of staff, a police officer or a community support officer and will not be allowed to continue on your journey: you will not be entitled to a refund if you are in breach of these Conditions.
Whilst you may behave appropriately, we cannot be held responsible for the conduct of those passengers who do not comply with these Conditions.
* Where our bus stops are “request” stops, to the extent it is safe and you are able so to do, please can you clearly indicate you wish to use the bus.
If you have difficulties signalling to the bus driver at a “request” stop, you should find somewhere safe where you are able to make it clear to the driver you would like to use the bus. You should avoid areas where you may cause yourself harm or harm others (so you should avoid places such as near parked cars or in front of a fire station).
* If you don’t have a valid ticket, Smartcard, permit or pass to travel, or other legitimate means of travel, you must tell the driver or conductor the journey you intend to take if you are asked (and pay to the driver the amount requested to allow you to take that journey).
* You must not attempt to get on or off the bus which has stopped other than at designated stops (so you should not get off the bus when it stops at traffic lights or in road works, for examples).
* Please behave in an appropriate decent manner which does not cause offence to other customers or members of our staff.
* We reserve the right to refuse entry and travel of any person onto our buses and coaches if that person is considered to be undesirable, a security or safety risk, with a poor level of personal hygiene, who is intoxicated, under the influence of drugs or other substances or who may otherwise cause a nuisance or disturbance.
* You may be asked to leave the bus or coach at any time where you are or are believed to be (i) smoking any substance; (ii) consuming alcohol; (iii) interfering with any equipment on or part of the vehicle; (iv) interfering with or threatening or being abusive to a member of staff or other person travelling on the bus or coach; (v) causing a public nuisance; or (vi) putting your feet on the seats.
* Whilst we make every effort to provide appropriate access to and accommodation on our vehicles for those of our passengers who are elderly, have young children, are pregnant or who are disabled, we would ask that you think about their needs and, wherever possible, please vacate seats and consider their requirements: it will mean a lot to these people.
* Please help keep our buses clean, take your rubbish home with you and don’t discard your unwanted belonging on our buses or coaches.
* Please feel free to listen to music (it can make the journey much quicker) but use headphones at all times as our other customers may not want to listen!
* Please do not use electronic cigarettes or other types of imitation smoking devices on our buses. These are forbidden from being used on our buses and coaches.
* Please do not distribute anything on our buses or at our premises or offer anything for sale or collect for charity without our prior written consent.
* We reserve the right to ask you to leave the bus or coach at any time due to, and to charge you an appropriate and reasonable amount for the costs of cleaning and / or repairing our vehicles caused by, your behaviour whether through being sick, soiling or otherwise.
We also reserve the right to take any other appropriate measure to ensure that our passengers can travel in comfort and safety and this could result in you being temporarily or permanently being banned from travelling on our vehicles as a result of such conduct.
* You must follow instructions from our staff, when directed, and act in a manner showing regard for the safety and comfort of other customers and our employees. In addition, please don’t disturb, distract or obstruct the vision of our staff when they are driving, nor overload the capacity of the vehicle or stand on the upper deck of a double deck vehicle: safety first.
* You should always use a, and remain in your, seat, where seats are available, until the bus or coach comes to a complete halt at you required bus stop.
* If you have to stand, you must not stand in the front door-well area, upstairs or on the stairs of double-deckers or near any emergency exits: you must, at all times, hold onto a pole and / or seat back whilst standing and, as soon as a seat becomes available, you should occupy it.
Please note that no standing passengers are permitted on our airline or X90 Oxford-London coaches.
* If you are travelling on the upper deck of an open top bus, you are required to remain seated at all times, particularly when passing under bridges or overhanging trees. Unaccompanied children are not allowed to travel on the upper deck.
* Please don’t alight from our buses or coaches except at those places which are indicated by an official roadside bus stop sign or where the bus driver or conductor specifically permits you to do so. In no circumstances should you board or leave a bus or coach whilst the vehicle is moving or whilst it is held up in traffic or by police or when the doors are closed.
* Please don’t smoke on our buses or coaches or at the entrance: it is illegal to do so.
* Please don’t eat any form of hot food whilst travelling on board our buses and coaches if it might make the environment unpleasant and unsafe for other customers: we cannot accept any responsibility for any burns you suffer as a result of you bringing hot food on board.
* Please only drink hot drinks provided that the container is fitted with a spill-resistant safety lid: we cannot accept any responsibility for any burns you suffer as a result of you bringing hot drinks on board.
* Please don’t lean, nor throw from or stick anything, out of bus or coach windows.
* We hope you have a safe journey but you do need to notify our staff immediately if you sustain an injury or feel unwell whilst boarding, travelling or getting off one of our buses.
* If you see anything suspicious please immediately inform a member of our staff or the driver.
* Please do not use the emergency exits except in a genuine emergency.
* We want you to feel secure when travelling on our vehicles.
* You must not behave in a way that affects the security and the safety of our staff, our customers and other road users and pedestrians. If you behave in such a way that the security and staff are affected, you will be asked to leave our bus or coach immediately and we will (if appropriate) seek appropriate legal redress to remedy the damage, loss or injury you cause.
* We operate CCTV on many of our vehicles to ensure that issues, such as theft, assault and poor behaviour, can be monitored and, where appropriate, footage of such incidents can be passed onto the police and other appropriate authorities should they so request and we
We will always comply with our obligations under the data protection legislation), the Human Rights Act 1988 and such other relevant legislation in the handling of CCTV footage.
* We will not be responsible to you for any loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost you suffer or may suffer as a result of your abusive or threatening behaviour which gives rise to your removal from our bus or coach and / or from any action taken against you by the appropriate authorities.
Wheelchairs and buggies
We endeavour to make our vehicles inclusive to all of our customers and this includes making it as accessible as we can for disabled people and those with buggies. We are therefore working hard to ensure our entire fleet of buses and coaches meets the needs of those of our passengers who use wheelchairs or are in buggies. In addition, we operate in accordance with the Codes of Practice of the Confederation of Passenger Transport in relation to our passengers who use mobility scooters (the “Code”).
Under the Code, mobility users are issued with a permit to travel which advises our bus drivers if your scooter is approved to travel on our buses and you, as the user of that scooter, are trained in how to safely board and alight from our buses or coaches. The majority of our buses and coaches are already able to accommodate wheelchairs, approved mobility scooters, prams and buggies. Whilst we welcome these onboard for travel, it is at the discretion of the driver as to whether or not there is enough space available.
Wheelchairs, mobility scooters, prams and buggies must not block the gangway of our buses or coaches at any time and the dimensions of any mobility scooter must be in line with the requirements according to the buses safety limits. It is the driver to decide if there is sufficient space and his decision is final: he has the right to, therefore, refuse access if he or she feels that there is insufficient space or that there is a risk that, by letting on board such vehicles, this may be to the detriment of the other passengers’ safety.
We would kindly ask all of our customers, where necessary, to keep the wheelchair dedicated space free and, if you board with a buggy or pram and to the extent that it is possible for you to do so, to fold and store them in the luggage space. We wish to ensure our services are as inclusive as possible and we do therefore appreciate your assistance in permitting those with wheelchairs, mobility scooters, prams and buggies to use our buses. Where it is reasonable to do so in the circumstances, the driver will require non-wheelchair users to vacate the spaces and require, for example, that such non-wheelchair users move to a different part of the bus or even refuse to drive on until space is made available for those persons in wheelchairs.
It goes without saying that we will ensure that our drivers and our vehicles comply with the laws applicable to those who are disabled or using buggies. This includes ensuring our vehicles are equipped with appropriate bus lowering systems or the appropriate folding or retractable steps
and these must not be operated by other than the driver or conductor whenever they consider that a disabled person will need the system to get on or off our buses and coaches. Where there are infrequent services along your route, we will do everything we feasibly can to assist and, if we are not able to provide a suitable vehicle to allow you to get on and off safely, we will arrange for a taxi service where appropriate so to do.
As a general rule, bicycles are not permitted to be carried on our services where they are likely to soil the bus or coach or cause a nuisance or potential injury to our customers. Bicycles will only be permitted to be brought on board at the sole discretion of the driver.
Folding bicycles, which are safely and securely stowed in the designated luggage area in a suitable bag or box, are generally permitted onto our buses if the driver believes that there is sufficient luggage space available.
Where you are permitted to bring a bicycle on board, it is carried at your risk and we do not accept any responsibility for any loss of, and / or damage caused to, your bicyle at any time.
All items of luggage will be carried at our driver’s discretion to ensure they can be carried safely upon our buses. We will only permit customers to carry luggage on our vehicles where it is safe to do so and is available to our customers for convenience only. You will retain the risk of loss of, or damage to, the luggage at all times. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage however caused. We will never carry unaccompanied luggage or parcels in any circumstance.
There may be occasions where items of luggage are refused to be carried on our services. If the luggage is excessive, large or of an awkward size and it means it is not easily able to be carried upon our vehicle, the driver reserves the right to refuse such luggage on to the bus or coach.
Unfortunately, we are unable to carry certain items which could endanger the safe passage of our vehicle or the safety of our staff, customers or other road users and pedestrians. These include rechargeable batteries (other than those inside personal devices or are in their original retail packaging), ammunition, explosives, weapons, paint in either unsealed containers or plastic containers exceeding five litres and combustible or otherwise hazardous materials including petrol.
If you are refused travel due to the above circumstances, we cannot accept liability for subsequent loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost you suffer or may suffer as a result.
On our Airline and X90 Oxford-London coaches, the luggage allowance for our customers is as follows (and subject, at all times, to the discretion of the driver):
* two items of luggage per adult person travelling (such luggage must be stowed in the luggage hold of the coach);
* only small hand luggage may be taken onboard the coach (which must be stowed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat and must not, at any time, be placed in the aisle of the coach or on seats (for safety reasons));
* skis, boxed single bicycles, golf clubs, trunks and other bulky items (such as musical instruments) can only be carried if space allows after all other passengers’ standard luggage allowance has been accommodated and then a fee may be required prior to travel;
* all luggage must be labelled with the passenger’s name, address and brief travel details;
* whilst drivers may assist with the loading and unloading of reasonably sized luggage, you may be asked to assist with heavier items or to load the luggage yourself.
We recommend that all passengers have appropriate insurance for travel and we cannot accept liability for subsequent loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost you suffer or may suffer as a result of any loss of or damage to your luggage during transit and when loading and offloading your luggage.
Any item that is left on a bus or coach and subsequently found be a member of our staff will be dealt in accordance with the applicable laws.
When something is lost on one of our buses or coaches, we will do everything we reasonably can to locate and return property left on one of our buses to its owner. However, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for any article left on our buses or coaches in any circumstance.
If items of lost property are not claimed within one month, the item will become our property and it will be disposed of appropriately, normally to a chosen charity.
If the item of lost property is perishable, it will be thrown away after a period of 24 hours if not claimed before this time. If, before 24 hours, the item becomes a potential health risk, or causes offence, it will immediately be thrown away.
If you find an item of lost property on one of our buses or coaches, you should inform the driver before leaving that vehicle of the location of the item of lost property. You should not touch or move the item if it looks suspicious.
Should you wish to claim an item of lost property, we will need to establish that the item belongs to you. You will also need to provide proof of your name and address and describe the item of lost property or explain the contents of an item so we can establish you as the owner. Contact
details for our lost property offices can be found on the contact page of the website (the address of which is located at the end of these Conditions).
If the item of lost property is a bag, or other container, it may be opened and examined by us in order to help identify the owner and the nature and potential value of the lost property. We do not accept any responsibility to you if, as a result of opening the bag or other container, you suffer any loss, inconvenience, damage or cost as a result.
There may be an administration fee charged to you on collection of an item of lost property. Items of lost property will normally need to be collected from one of our offices depending on where the item was lost. We may also agree to post the item of lost property back to you. In these circumstances, we will require advance payment of the postage and packaging before we are able to do this.
In order to travel with us you must purchase a valid ticket or hold a valid pass or permit for the journey you wish to undertake. At no time will you be permitted to travel on our bus or coach if that ticket, pass or permit (i) has been altered, copied or defaced; (ii) has been issued to a person different from the person who is travelling on our vehicle (other than where such ticket, pass or permit states it is transferrable); or (iii) has expired.
Many young customers look very grown up and our drivers may question your age. We recommend that ID is carried so that your age can be verified otherwise you may be charged adult fare.
If you buy a ticket when you board our services, you should ensure you are given a new ticket directly from the ticket machine (or that your smart card is validated correctly) which corresponds with the amount paid and covers you for the entire journey you wish to make.
It is also important to check any change and point out any discrepancies to the driver at the point of purchase as it will be harder to correct any mistake later. Whilst we will aim to always have sufficient change available although our drivers are unable to accept £50 notes.
Please keep your ticket, Smartcard, pass or permit to travel throughout the journey you are making as a Company Official may ask to inspect your ticket. If you fail to produce a valid authority to travel for the journey, you may be asked to leave the bus or coach or you may be asked to pay the maximum single fare on the route being travelled. Please note that we will be unable to refund your fare should you later find the missing ticket or pass.
You must not override the validity for the ticket or pass you have purchased. Should you be found to be travelling further than your ticket entitles you to you will be required to pay the equivalent adult single fare from your initial boarding point until your new alighting point.
Single and return tickets are normally only valid on the day they were purchased unless a different arrangement has been clearly advertised. On single tickets you are not permitted to
break your journey and if you do you maybe liable to pay for another ticket. Return tickets are valid for travel on any bus that goes along the same corridor irrespective of route. Return tickets are also valid for travel on another service that terminates at the same destination as long as the value of the journey is the same as stated on the ticket. Return tickets are only valid for one outbound and return journey and once punched are no longer valid for travel.
Details of the range of tickets for different age groups are available on our websites and will be subject to change. This change will be notified to customers via our website and information displayed on our vehicles.
Requests for refunds on tickets or passes purchased will be made at our discretion and will be subject to an administration fee.
All tickets, passes and permits remain the property of the operator and may be withdrawn at any time.
The issue of a ticket should not be regarded as an undertaking by us that that our buses or coaches will run at any time or at all or that there shall be sufficient space on the bus or coach for you to board.
If a customer is found to be fraudulently using, copying, producing or adapting our range of tickets, passes and permits to travel that customer will be liable to prosecution by us.